Thursday, July 30, 2009

Moving Toward Daily Prayer

One of the first steps toward God and my new life is prayer. This is critical for me. I must establish a dialogue with Him. He has spoken to me recently in a way that is ridiculously obvious and I am reminded of the times He has done this before. I am left wanting to reach back to Him and be consistent about it.

Without getting complicated, here's the bottom line:

1. Start each day with God. Give thanks, make requests for others, make requests for me, and close with thanks; these are my essentials. Keep a log of what I've requested and what has been answered. I believe I will keep a paper log (notebook), but may occasionally update here in some summary form.

2. Conduct my day in a Christian manner. I won't explain this but I know what I mean. I'm basically talking about doing what you should be doing and NOT doing what you should NOT be doing.

3. Conclude each day with God. Give thanks/praise for the day. Kind of finishing it off with a little high five between He and I.

4. Go to bed at a reasonable hour, don't stay up all night like you usually do. Rise early and greet the next day the same way.

No comments: