Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Setting Sail

It's been all too long that I've thought about journaling my thoughts on these topics, matters of God and of Country. Why have I chosen these? Why not other areas in which I am interested or expert, such as business or family? Because I have arrived at a moment wherein I see all other topics essentially as sub-strata of these two - God and Country. Essentially, He is who I strive to live in, and America is where I strive to do so. My love of family, friends and fellow man all draw from a grouping of beliefs I ultimately would label "Christian" and "American."

I chose "setting sail" as the title of my first post in this endeavor because I feel something akin to what more ancient explorers than I must have felt when they stared across an ocean from the deck of a ship - without any map or knowledge of what lie on the other side (or if there was one). An infinite, undulating stretch. A view marred only by crawling clouds and no land in sight. Much distance to consume, much work to be done before even a beginning is gained.

With this, I set sail. Glory to God and may He bless this voyage, illuminate my path a bit at a time just as He has always done for me, and may He brace me against my own doubts. Amen.

No comments: